
A night at the Lyric watching "Porgy & Bess"
Since James had late finals, he wasn't able to make it to Chicago in time to go with Emily so Alaina agreed to accompany her. The girls enjoyed dressing up and Alaina finally had an opportunity to wear her swanky gloves. Mark and Emily drove them into the city and spent the evening with a good friend who lives in Chicago. You can read more details about their evening on their blog.
Deep Dish Pizza at Lou Malnatti's
Sunday afternoon Emily kept getting updates from James as they worried about the weather and whether his flight would be delayed or not. He arrived around 10:00 pm (just an hour late). We spent Monday morning getting acquainted and headed out to Naperville for lunch at Lou Malnotti's. We made James watch family videos with us Monday night!
We enjoyed meeting and getting to know James. We spent Tuesday in Chicago. It was cold and snowy, but it was a fun day. Again, I will refer you to Emily & Mark's blog for more details & pictures. I didn't remember to bring my camera...and I'm not sure I would have used it much anyway.
OPENING GIFTS WITH JAMES
Since James was supposed to fly out first thing Wednesday morning, we opened gifts with him Tuesday evening after we warmed up with chili.
Afterwards, James and Emily sightread "The Prayer" as sung by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion (I tried to sightread the accompaniment and they did much better sightreading than I did). Then the three guys stood around and sang Christmas songs from the hymn book. They sounded great and Rob couldn't have been happier to have a tenor!
2 comments:
I am sad that it is over!!
Oh what fun to have everyone home for the holidays! That's the best Christmas gift a mother could ask for!!! Looks like you guys have had a rip roarin' time!!!
Post a Comment