I've discovered a blog called The Idea Room that I quite enjoy visiting several times a month. You should take a minute to go check it out. It is well written and has helpful pictures and tutorials along with clever ideas for everyday living.
In the process of looking for organization ideas for my "Everything Room" I found this post about organizing all the art projects and papers that come home with your children from school.
School Work Binders
This is a brilliant idea and one that I would have embraced, if I'd known about it / thought about way back twenty-something years ago. It has all the hallmarks of an ideal organizing system. It is easy to use, it involves the children, while still giving mom control over the amount of stuff and is an ideal way to keep things sorted by year, plus it's super easy for the kids to pull their own binder out and revisit their past.
I have three boxes of things in the basement and although most of the papers were labeled, not all of them were and invariably, due to the boxes being looked through or moved, the pages get out of order. I doubt I'll change over now. In fact, next time you all are here visiting we should maybe go through those boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment