Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Memories

I've been entering Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen Christmas Countdown Giveaway this week and the prompt was, "What was your most memorable Christmas gift as a child".  

Perfect timing!  Just last night I was sharing with the family, as we returned from our Caroling, While Delivering Pumpkin Bread activity, my memory of this HORRIBLE little doll I received one year.  She was frightening, to say the least. 

If you don't believe me...click on the link below and watch the commercial for Baby Laugh-a-Lot

My Most Memorable Christmas Present
(excuse the swear word at the top of the YouTube title)

What were my parents thinking?  Did they really think it was cute and funny and that I would love it?  Or did they think I was rather sad and needed some cheering up?  Or did they think it was funny and would make a great practical joke?  I have no idea! 

I put the thing in the back of my closet and would hear it randomly cackle if something fell on it.  My happiest day was when I realized the batteries had coroded in the back and the doll could no longer LAUGH MANIACALLY for what was probably just half a minute or so, but what felt like hours.

Parents - take note.....practical jokes are fun and funny, scary dolls are not!

2 comments:

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

I don't know what is scarier; the dolls laugh, her freaky facial expression or the announcers laugh at the end of the commercial. I'm gonna have nightmares!

Lisa said...

hahahahahahahahha...hehehhehehheee...hoahohohohohoho....Just trying to remind you of that crazy laughter! This is a hilarious story, Sue, thanks for sharing!