Rob and I heard all kinds of banging and noises and watched the crew lower the little deck that allowed the guests to exit the ship onto the tenders. We watched out the window until the first tender showed up and the six of us that were heading out for the scuba excursion boarded. Rob & I waved and waved, at least three people on the tender saw us and waved back, but not one person in our family saw us trying to wish them well.
We found out later it's because they were a bit nervous and were concentrating very hard on psyching themselves up for their upcoming adventure.
VIEWS OF THE HARBOR
with a glimpse of the town
Rob and I spent a couple of hours walking around the small town of Avalon. It was very charming and would be a very fun place to come for a short vacation. We wish we'd had more time because we would have loved to take the Segway tour but we hadn't brought cash with us and we didn't have enough time before our kayak excursion began.
Vehicles are limited on the island so most people get around with golf carts. Rob & I liked seeing the customized ones.
PAPARAZZI SHOTS
Six for SCUBA
Those who went diving were very nervous to begin with (except for Brian who is an experienced diver) but they all ended up having a wonderful experience and saw lots of beautiful fish swimming through the kelp forests. Rob & I learned from our kayak guide that this is one of the best places for kelp to grow because of the cold currents and deep water.

No comments:
Post a Comment