Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Homemade Cards

I wanted to make a personalized card to send to Wendy & Scott and to Natalie because I just couldn't find anything in the store that was saying quite what I wanted to say. I copied Michael's obituary into http://wordle.net/ and tweaked the format and colors a little bit to get the look I was hoping for. I used two different color families and ended up with two completely different style of cards.

The top one is for Wendy and Scott. Inside I included the pictures of Michael and the Six-Pack that I posted earlier.

This is the card I made for Natalie. I wanted to do something a little lighter, with more color and I know that Mike loves purple.

While I had all my supplies out I also made a card for our next door neighbor. He is the first young man in our ward to earn his Duty to God Award. I thought that deserved a personalized card too. It actually looks better in person than it does in the picture. I can tell that I should have pulled the medallion a little higher on the card so it overlapped the focus picture more. I also should have found a way to keep the top of the card laying flat so I could get a better picture.


I wish I had access to Doug & Kathy's light box. That would be a really cool way to take pictures of these cards.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That Wordle is a very cool site! And your cards are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you little miss fancy card maker!!! They look amazing!

Laurie HF said...

What beautiful cards! I'll have to check out that web site, but then I wouldn't know what to do with it after that.