I headed out this morning to help a sister in the ward but she decided at the last minute to cancel. Since I was already out I decided to drive down to the new World Market store. It's not really new, just moved to a new, bigger, and better location but I haven't been since they reopened. I browsed through the store to see if there was anything fun to bring home. I'm trying to be more discriminating about my purchases so that I don't have tons of junk to sort through down the road.Well, I don't know if you know this, but I love dishes. I love the idea of having a lot of different fun dishes to play with. I have changed our dishes quite a few times since Rob & I got married. I'll probably change them a few more times still. If I had a beautiful hutch or cabinet to display them in I would be even more tempted.
So, I decided to indulge myself with 3 new plates.
For my wall.
That way I get to look at the pretty pattern, the pretty colors and I don't have to rearrange all my cupboards trying to fit in a new set. These are hanging above Papaya's cage. I hope she doesn't miss the yellow plate too much. She loves to hang out on top of her cage and she loved to nuzzle against it and talk to it.
I also found these little witch boot taper holders. Aren't they cute? I don't like to go overboard for Halloween but I thought these would be the perfect little touch to honor Alaina's love of that particular holiday.

The next stop was Hobby Lobby. I found these adorable little children and thought they would be a nice touch on our display table at our Stake Leadership Training meeting next weekend. However, they were painted in a bright yellow gold finish. It was very loud and not at all pretty. Now they are soft and sweet and quiet.
One last note. Michelle's peach trees are laden and the fruit is ripening quickly and all at once so she hosted her annual girlfriend canning day. Well, it was really just an afternoon. In three hours we canned 1 batch of cooked jam, 5 batches of freezer jam and 2 batches of bottled peaches. This is nowhere close to Laurie, Lisa & Kristin's amazing work (go see what they did! http://bryceandlaurie.blogspot.com/2008/09/peaches.html ) but I was happy to bring home my 2 batches of jam and may go back tomorrow to make a peach pie and bottle a few quarts of peaches for our family.
One of these jams is cooked jam and one of them is freezer jam. I am giving the cooked jam away to the ward primary presidents with a tag, "If you are in a jam, Here I am". I am keeping the freezer jam for our enjoyment.
Feel like another contest? Guess which is which and tell me how you came to your conclusion. I think I will actually pick up a little gift card and mail it to the winner.

5 comments:
What a busy day you had!! Looks like you had fun, I can't tell the difference between the jam but they both look so yummy!!
I think the jar on the right is the cooked jam. I guessed this because you can fill it fuller but freezer jam needs more room so it can expand and not break the jar.
Yeah, Kristin! You are the winner. I will get your PRIZE in the mail on Monday. mmmmm, I wonder what it will be....
Thanks for playing.
I didn't even taste one bite of the jam yesterday. By the time we finished up and got everything cleaned up I was not in the mood for anything peachy.
It will be interesting to look at the jar when it comes out of the freezer to see if it expanded upwards noticably (or not).
Hmm, I sent an email with my guess before I read these comments. I guess I was too slow! But, I got the answer right.
Look at your cute new things! I LOVE the plates, very classy! I wish I had known about the contest earlier... oh well.
Post a Comment