Random thoughts in my head this morning.
I can't believe how much snow we still have on the ground. I had to go over to Michelle's yesterday to turn off her flat iron and since I couldn't get her garage door keypad to work I had to trudge through the snow in the backyard. The snow is packed level with the bottom step of the deck.
I miss having little kids who want to go out and play in the snow. All this snow and not one snowman or snow fort or even one attempt to sled down the hill in the back.
I'm very glad we agreed to purchase a snowblower three years ago. It has definitely been worth it. I'm very glad the front of our house faces south. Our neighbors across the street are still trying to chip away at the ice buildup on their north-facing driveway.
I'm so grateful to have been able to witness the momentous event in our nation's history that took place last week. I actually sat and watched a good portion of President Obama's inaguration proceedings. I love this country. I am grateful that my parents and grandmothers followed their hearts and decided to move here. I am glad that our country elected a man who decided that the American dream was in fact, reality, and worked hard to acheive what he has in his life. I am glad that our country elected a man who believes in Family and who was willing to stand before the nation and talk about good values and strong moral characteristics in his inagural address; who was willing to say to the country we need to all work together to so that we can continue to succeed as a country, as a nation united.
I'm glad Little Philmont is over. Now maybe I can focus on other things that need to happen in our home and in our family and in my life. It was a successful event; well attended with excellent reviews. We are planning on having this become an annual event, and even making it a multi-stake affair. I have all the posters saved in the basement and all the files saved on my computer. When we do it again, it should be much easier to pull together. I'm glad the primary had such good representation. One ward had everyone with a Cub Scout calling present! I guess that's how we will get scouting to become more of a focus and priority in our stake....one ward at a time, one pack at a time, one troop at a time.
1 comment:
Amen to everything you said - except that my driveway faces north. I also was glued to the TV on inauguration day, and went through several tissues. I'm sure that Little Philmont was fabulous, because you were in charge.
Post a Comment