After checking in to our room we caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom and practically walked right into the park (except for a little glitch on our park tickets that was easily taken care of because computers are good and keep track of things they are supposed to even when new employees-in-training make a big and potentially very expensive mistake).
Welcome to Magic Kingdom
We rode Jungle Cruise (Liked It!), Haunted Mansion (Liked It!), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Loved It!), It's a Small World (Loved It!), and Splash Mountain (Gotta Have It!)
For fun we walked through Minnie's Country House (Liked It!) on the way to the Toontown Hall of Fame where we waited in line to see Princesses Aurora, Cinderella and Belle.
We also spent time waiting in line to visit Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at Liberty Square.
In Minnie's Living Room
We were enchanted by the lovely European Village near It's a Small World. Honestly, we were enchanted by the ride too. The song doesn't annoy me nearly as much as it did when I was a teenager and it was fun watching Alaina discover the dolls and animals representing all of the different countries.
Unfortunately, I somehow twisted my ankle which slowed down my ability to move as quickly through the park as we were hoping too. Rob and Alaina were too kindhearted to leave me in the dust so they missed out on riding Space Mountain.
Alaina didn't actually ride Dumbo, but couldn't resist taking advantage of this great photo opportunity.
I'd read online about something called a Dole Whip which is pineapple juice mixed with soft serve. They are only sold in Adventure Land so while Rob and Alaina went on ahead to get a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise I stood in line to purchase a couple. It was hot and humid and we were hot and sweaty and needed a little pick me up right then. These turned out to be the PERFECT treat.
Of course we had to walk through Cinderella's Castle.
I love this picture that Alaina took of the castle.
What a great eye she has.
We stayed at Magic Kingdom long enough to see the SpectroMagic Parade.
I was starving so Rob tried to find something reasonably healthy and not too sweet to eat while we waited for the parade to start. We started looking for a place to stand too late so by the time we got situated it was too late to find any decent food. Rob came back with a funnel cake loaded with strawberries and whipped cream. It was YUMMY!
SpectroMagic is one of my favorite parades. Partly because I'm fascinated by the lights on the performers that aren't attached to the floats. I can't figure out how they can stay lit so long and so brightly. The whole effect is enchanting and magical. Once again I found myself watching Alaina's face as much as I watched the parade itself. My only regret is that we didn't try to get better seats a little earlier so she could have sat at the front of the crowd to really see the whole show.
After the parade ended we started heading for the park entrance because we had an early morning at Animal Kingdom Park on Friday, and didn't want to fight the crowds leaving the park at the end of Wishes. I felt badly because I really wanted Alaina to see Wishes and didn't know if we'd be back to the Magic Kingdom during this trip. As we were walking down Main Street USA, we decided that a hot dog from Casey's Corner would be the perfect way to finish off the evening. We were not the only people who thought this and the lines were practically out the door, so when Alaina heard the fireworks start booming she went outside and was able to see Tinkerbell fly down to begin the show. She wasn't able to see all of it and once we finally got our hot dogs we slowly made our way to the park entrance but by walking backwards she was able to see a little bit more of the magic before we boarded the bus.






2 comments:
What a fun trip Sue! It's hard to believe that Alaina is out of high school!
I think you should come visit me next year and be enchanted by a European village in real life :).
You're always welcome.
That sounds like a fun idea, I do love Europe. We were planning a trip to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary. Maybe we should switch it to Holland (they both start with H and have beautiful flowers)
Post a Comment