We decided to really splurge on our room for this trip and made a reservation for Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Disney also offers Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is basically one of their time-share properties.
When I made the reservation I mentioned that we would be there to celebrate Alaina's graduation and asked if they could possibly put us in one of the Savanna View rooms. I told the Cast Member that we didn't care which one, we just wanted her to see as many animals as she could.
The resort is set up basically like spokes on a wheel with savannah areas between the spokes and behind the lodge and they have different groupings of animals roaming the various areas based on their temperaments.
One of my favorite parts of being on Disney property is the care they take in "THEMING" and they certainly met my expectations in this resort property.
The wallpaper in the bathroom was created specifically for Animal Kingdom Lodge,
as were the bedspreads.
I don't know if you can see it, but there are Mickey's carefully integrated into the African style print. Of course, Mousekeeping left a welcoming Mickey head on the bed and in the bathroom they created a little mouse out of a washcloth and had a card next to it that read, "It All Began With A Mouse". Even the light fixtures were made to carry the theme.
We stepped outside to see our view and I fell in love with the patio chairs.
While Alaina fell in love with the view.
When we checked in we found that we had been given the very first room in the hall closest to the check-in desk. At first I was annoyed because I thought we wouldn't actually be able to actually see any animals. I thought they wouldn't come that far down into the confined space but we ended up liking our location a lot.
As you will see, in my next post, we were able to see a lot of animals from our balcony, and after I hurt my ankle I was very glad we didn't have to walk any further to our room.




No comments:
Post a Comment