Wednesday, June 4, 2008

End of School

Today is Alaina's last day as a sophomore at WVHS. There is school tomorrow but I learned way back in 1999 that NO ONE goes to high school on the last day of school. Unfortunately I didn't know that when Mark was a freshman and made him go. He came home and informed me that it was a waste of time and only the losers were there. Sorry Mark. Someone has to be the first child for the parents to learn things with. I do try to share the wisdom I gained from you with other parents so their children can be spared the humiliation of being at school with the losers...

I met some friends for a "last day of freedom" lunch at On The Border (Yum! fish tacos & diet coke). Alaina had her hardest finals today (math & chem) but I don't have any idea how she did on them because she had big plans for a group date to celebrate the end of the year and Tiffanie's birthday. The kids met at Portillo's for lunch and then went to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

Between my lunch date, her early dismissal & subsequent voice lesson and this group activity I was regretting that she didn't have her driver's license (I momentarily thought about giving her permission to drive without a license HAHAH) but luckily Josh said he would pick her up from school. I met her at Portillo's to give her some cash and she BOUNCED out to meet me. She is such a Tigger sometimes!

It was fun to get together with Kris, Debi & Michelle and catch up with each other. We used to get together for lunch or for stamping or card making or just to visit a couple of times a month but since Debi started working and Michelle is subbing regularly we just haven't made time for our casual get togethers. Yes, we see each other at church every week and Michelle lives next door to me but sometimes we just need a chance to sit down and gab.

I think our summer is going to fly by. Next week we jump into things with Youth Conference. We have a little break and then in July hit the ground running with EFY, the family cruise, the arrival of Celia (our foreign exchange student from France - yes Alaina is spoiled), scout camp, girls camp and then getting ready for school and seminary. I also need to find out when my parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration fits in so I can be in Utah for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foreign exchange student? What??? When were you going to tell me about this???

Sue said...

Hee, just checking to see if anyone reads this. It's true, as long as we can work out a few complications at the beginning and end of her stay...