Alaina asked if we could play Mario Party and even offered to play one of the older versions which made me happy (because I just don't like Mario Party 8 - it's harder and I don't like the way you can be doing so well and then suddenly lose everything....it's too much like gambling I guess).
So, we are playing Mario Party 7!
Wanna join in the fun? Live Updates to Follow...
While we were waiting for the game to start Dad said, "Maybe we should buy Mark & Em a Wii so they can play Mario Cart with us." Don't be holding your breath though because Mom (the practical one) responded with, "They can just go to Matthew & Kristin's and then they could All play with you."
Of course, I can't play unless I take Dramamine first.
Our first mini-game was a mic game and Rob and Alaina acted like they had no idea how to play. You drive the little car through the gas cans by giving directions and I smoked them all during the practice which meant that I, of course, lost by a mile once we got to the actual game.
I just had a great turn though. I got to purchase a Flutter Orb for ONLY 10 coins (Dad & Alaina are so jealous)! AND I got to take a Gondola ride all the way across the board so I am super close to the STAR space.
Dad says his goal is to finish the game without any stars! Ummm -- doesn't that defeat the point of the game? He's TRYING not to be a bad sport about losing though it does get a little challenging.
Alaina and I both had to fight a mini-game against Bowser to keep a star. Guess who won their game (and their star) and guess who lost? I don't know why A is so gifted when it comes to Mario Party.
She's reading a book and just won the last mini game. The score was 5 5 5 & 12!
Then in the next mini game Dad & I practiced twice so we could gang up on her (and we happened to win both practice games) and she still ended up blowing us both up before we could get her. AAARGH.
Alaina, THIS is why Daddy & I create alliances against you when we play RISK.
So, the end results. After all the bonus stars were awarded and coins counted....
1st is YOSHI (Alaina, of course)
2nd is LUIGI (Dad, of course)
3rd is PEACH (Me, of course)
4th is Toadette, who is the computer, who nobody cares about unless you are misfortunate enough to have her on your team during a mini game.
All in all, not a bad way to end a Sunday...Nintendo and mint chocolate chip ice cream!
Now we are going to watch the 3rd game in the Cubs Sox series
and hope for a sweep!
"Go Cubs, Go! Go Cubs, Go!
Hey Chicago, What do you say?
Cubs are gonna Win Today!"
2 comments:
Thanks for helping me feel like I was right there playing along with you! You crack me up!
It's sad that only 2 people can play online from one Wii at a time, so even when Mark and Em come to play with us we can't all play together! They have to have their own. BUt e-mail me your #'s so i can add you as friends.
Post a Comment