Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Seminary Assignments

We had our 1st faculty meeting tonight for the upcoming school year. I was excited to hear that I have been assigned to teach the junior class again. That means I get to have Alaina and her friends in my class! My team teacher remains a mystery for a while longer though.

The Griessmeyer's had everything very well organized and we had a productive meeting. The biggest news is that seminary will begin this year at 5:55 am instead of 6:00.

When I heard that I (quietly) whimpered to myself.

Well, maybe it wasn't really quiet and maybe it really wasn't too myself.

Oh, okay, I whimpered loud enough for everyone at the table to hear.

I am not a morning person. Never have been and it's not a secret to anyone who knows me.

I do love being with the youth though and I enjoy associating with the wonderful teachers that are also appointed to teach at the 95th Street building.

We were talking about different ideas of how to get the kids excited, enthused and encouraged to show up five minutes earlier this coming year and Sister Kling (the Joliet Stake seminary supervisor) suggested reading the 5th book, 5th chapter and 5th verse in the New Testament at the Seminary Sundae (which is going to start at 5:55 pm instead of 6:00 pm). Kayoko handed her a Bible and she looked it up and read it out loud.

Want a laugh? Look it up!


p.s. Can anyone teach me how to link to the scriptures on LDS.org?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if that scripture is the best way to motivate/inspire/help get the kids excited for seminary at 5:55. But it sure is funny!

Sue said...

I Know.

That's exactly what I thought.